Thursday, November 10, 2011

Noodle-Head Sew Along Day 4

Oh my! Can't believe it's day 4 already! It's going by so fast! Today was the dreaded zipper day! I thought maybe I would try an invisible zipper, but decided just to follow along and use a normal zipper I already have.

So I basted the seam where the zipper will go....


The pinned the zipper face down onto one edge of the seam...


Then closed the zipper and pinned zipper down and basted in place.


Turn the skirt right side out and sew around the zipper, about 1/4 inch from the seam, pivoting at the bottom sewing across the zipper then back up the other side!


Pick out the basting stitches and you'll have a nice little zipper!


Tomorrow.....finishing!!!

Some random pictures of Jacque and Pippen now. They haven't been in a post in a while and, darn it, that's just not right!!

 Pippen

Jacque

Jacque again!

4 comments:

  1. I bet they will be glad when you are all done with it huh??

    wags
    Jazzi and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are two cute photos! (Hey, the skirt is nice, too! Not quite like my OWN skirt, but nice nonetheless.)

    Arooo, Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zippers!!! That brings back some horrible memories of high school sewing class!

    We want to kiss Jacque's nose.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete