Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In the Holiday Spirit

Wow! I am definitely feeling all holly jolly! My husband and I decided we would put up and decorate our tree tonight! We don't do a real tree and for the last several years we've had a nice little artificial tree we got from Target for $20. Last year I got brave and went to Target the day after Christmas stood in line and tried not to get trampled by crazy shoppers running through the store!! I got some great ornaments and decorations, but I also got a great deal on a tree 75% off! It's a 7.5 foot slim tree, which is great for our house since we have to move things around to make enough space for our tree! Here are some pictures of our adventure!  On a side note, Pippen put herself to bed during our decorating! At one point I went and got her and she spent a few minutes sniffing around before heading back to bed! What a silly girl!!

These are my favorite little snowfamily! I made them
long ago!!

1995!! Wow! I wish I could find cute little patterns like this
again! I would love some more!


I wrapped some gifts! Hopefully I remember what they are and
who they are for come Christmas day!!


Pippen wondering what the heck we are doing!! 


Pippen sniffing around, trying to figure out if this is edible.

Jacque, however, was very curious and kept us company and
mostly stayed out of the way!


Look how darn organized I was last year?! Honestly
I don't remember doing this!!

After "losing" all our ornaments one year (translation, putting
them in a box we didn't recognize) we got smart and bought a
red and green container! 

My husband, Anthony, putting our tree together! 




Our stockings! We did find the 4th one a little later in the
bin with the wrapping.
look at that adorable Scottie stocking!!                        
Look at this adorable Scottie nativity! I got it at the same place I got
my wedding toppers! thepinkkoala on etsy!!


Some of my great Scottie ornaments!

This guy is my favorite! Look at his fun and festive little plaid vest
and, of course, his martini!! We joke that this is Jacque!!

Pippen's ornament from her first Christmas! 
This happy little Santa always makes me smile (that sticker on there
is a nice warning that it's for decoration only, it's not a toy!)


I made some fun garland from scrapbook paper! I found a tutorial here.

Our finished tree!!

OH, this is the ornament that started it all. My mom had this ornament when I was growing
up and it was how I was introduced to the adorable little doggies called Scotties <3 

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful! I love your special nativity scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful and we LOVE all of your Scottie ornies!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful.I love your tree skirt. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - yes, I made it but it's just a piece of fabric cut in a circle!! Tree skirts are way too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They just look too cute not to cover a tree in little Scottie ornaments.

    Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots and lots of Scotties! I love it! The one with the red nose is also my favourite.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete