Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mrs. Wages and fresh Boysenberry freezer jam

Last year I saw a post from Mrs Wages asking for people who would be willing to sample their products and write reviews. Mrs Wages is a maker of canning supplies. I jumped at the chance and sent a message right away! I didn't hear back and was disappointed, but months later realized there was a message from them in my "other" messages on Facebook! I didn't even know that folder existed. I replied, but at that point it was too late. I was delighted to receive an email about it this year and said YES right away! I got a lovely package a few weeks later with pectin, freezer jam mix, guacamole mix, spiced peach mix and salsa mix! I will posting my experience with them all!

Here we go! I went to my local farmer's market  and found some lovely Boysenberries. I picked up 3 pints and came home to make some freezer jam.




Mmmmm....look how pretty these are!



All washed and ready to go!




I smooshed them all up with my potato masher thingy
I got almost exactly 4 cups which is what the package calls for! 
I  mixed the package of freezer jam mix
and 1 1/2 cup sugar and then added the mashed berries in.



I mixed it all together for 3 minutes.....



Then spooned it into those little plastic containers.
 I got 6 containers, 8 ounces each.



Here they are! After sitting 30 minutes they are all nice and set! They're in the 
freezer right now just waiting for a little late night toast snack or a yummy
lunch PB and J! YUM! 

Stay tuned! I've got some cherries to make some jam with! 





2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Can't wait to see how they taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. We await the taste update.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete